Why should you attend FAIA’s
Because each legislative session, dozens of bills, amendments, and maneuvers
that directly affect your personal livelihood make their way through the legislative
For 2014, you can expect to see a
Department of Financial Services bill focused on insurance agent and agency
licensing. Other issues of interest that should show up in various
legislative packages include property insurance, Citizens reform, and flood
If agents don’t tell lawmakers why
a certain bill is or is not a good idea, someone else will!
Legislative Fly-In will be held March 25–26
at the Hotel Duval in Tallahassee. Fly-In is where agents learn first-hand about issues and
legislation that could affect their business and the industry’s future. And it’s
where they can help advance FAIA’s legislative goals by meeting with key
legislators to share concerns or support. Young agents arrive a day early for the Young Agents Council Political Summit
, where they dial for InsurPac dollars and receive an crash course in the legislative process.
The more lawmakers hear from agents, the more they
will listen! Be heard: Register.
Fly-In guests are responsible for making their own reservations.Both hotels are located in downtown Tallahassee just blocks from the Capitol.
Fly-In Headquarters: Hotel Duval
- Reservations: Reserve your room online or call 1-888-717-8854; mention FAIA 2014 Legislative Fly-In to receive the group rate of $201.37 a night ($179 plus 12.5 percent tax).
- Parking: Overnight valet parking is available for $10 a night. Attendees not staying overnight will be charged $5 per day to park at the hotel.
- Reservation deadline: The cut-off date to reserve your room is February 24, 2014, or until all rooms in the block have been filled. We strongly encourage you to reserve your room well before this date to ensure a room.
Overflow hotel: Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
- Reservations: Reserve your room online or call 1-877-GO-ALOFT. Use the group code FAC4A to receive the group rate of $190.12 ($179 plus 12.5 percent tax).
- Parking: $5 per day.
- Reservation deadline: The cut-off date to reserve your room is February 24, 2014, or until all rooms in the block have been filled.
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, March 25
1:00 p.m.: Registration Opens
3:00 p.m.: FAIA Issues Briefing
6:30 p.m.: Board buses for the Carriage House
7:00–9:00 p.m.: Dinner at the Carriage House (Dress is casual!)
9:00 p.m.: Board buses for the Hotel Duval
Wednesday, March 26
7:30 a.m.: PAC Breakfast
8:00 a.m.: Legislative Leadership and Guest Speakers
8:00 a.m.: Visits with Legislators at the Capitol