Mitchell Stallings Memorial Award
The Mitchell Stallings Memorial Award, given in memory of FAIA Past Chairman Mitchell Stallings, recognizes a lifetime of leadership, integrity, and service to the industry. It's the highest honor that FAIA bestows.
- Eligible candidates must be actively involved in, and make contributions to, FAIA and its projects and objectives, including the areas of legislation and government relations, public relations, and continuing education.
- Eligible candidates have made a significant contribution to the property and casualty industry at the local, state, or national levels, which is above and beyond the contributions of others.
Any FAIA member agent in good standing (including FAIA Officers and Board members) may submit a nomination for consideration. Nominee must be:
- An independent insurance agent who has been employed by an FAIA member agency or agencies (in good standing) for at least three years; OR
- an individual who, at some point during his or her insurance career, was an independent insurance agent employed by an FAIA member agency or agencies (in good standing) for at least three years; OR
- an academician, regulator, association official, or other (non-agent) individual with involvement in the property and casualty insurance field.
Activities outside the property and casualty industry are not considered for this award. Current FAIA Officers and Board members are not eligible to receive this award.
The Selection Committee comprises the current FAIA chairman, two current Board members (appointed by the chairman) and all past Mitchell Stallings Award recipients able to participate. The Selection Committee's task is to both submit nominees and review those candidates recommended by the committee and general membership. The Committee is not required to select a recipient if the slate of nominees does not meet selection criteria. The Committee may select only one recipient in a given year.