Under the direction of the Agency Manager, to plan,
establish, lead, control, and maintain systems and procedures so as to provide
accounting controls over assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses.
- Design and establish new systems and maintain
and alter existing systems for the collection and classification of accounting,
statistical, and financial data.
- Establish and maintain accounting controls over
assets, liabilities, and expenses.
- Maintain adequate liability accounts for all
legitimate obligations of the companies.
- Maintain a complete set of accounting ledgers,
supporting books, and records.
- Complete the timely issuance of accurate
financial statements and accounting and statistical reports.
- Control timely submission of all required
statements and reports to regulatory bodies.
- Control banking arrangements and the expeditious
deposit of receipts in authorized depositories.
- Complete the prompt payment of all approved and
authorized obligations of the companies, including insurance claims.
- Maintain current and accurate receivable
- Select and train staff to perform the above
- Maintain close liaison with public accountants,
state examiners, and Internal Revenue Service agents.
- Provide follow-up on delinquent debtors.
- Participate in seminars and classes for
knowledge and skill development.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Hire, promote, and fire departmental employees
within agency standards.
- Recommend departmental increases within agency
standards and guidelines.
- Enforce and control agency credit terms.
- Coordinate interdepartmental contacts.
- Control disbursements.
- Control revenue.
- Negotiate with data processing service bureau
(if one is used).
- Administer personnel activity as assigned.
- Negotiate with banks regarding operating
- Provide notary service.
- Enforce agency credit terms so that receivables
are in line with management standards.
- Control expenses within areas of responsibility
so that budget compliance takes place.
- Adhere to and comply with established agency procedures.
- Pay accounts current according to the various
companies' credit terms.
- Comply with report deadlines.
- Be responsible for accounting practices so that
audit standards are met for internal and external audits.
- Control disbursements in line with management